Thanks to Jennie at She Likes Purple, you might remember that I made a 2011 To Do List in lieu of resolutions. Frankly, I forgotten about most of it until I saw her post on how hers faired.
Let’s see how I did on my list this year:
2011 To Do List
- Complete redesign of this blog
(already in the works), including logo and business cards. I am basing the design on the work of an awesome sculptor who has graciously given me his permission to use his work as inspiration for a graphic designer to build on. I can’t wait for you all to see it! Not sure yet if I’ll have to convert to WordPressDONE! Did not convert to WordPress. I love what my husband did!
- Get all the cross-stitch pieces people have given me re-framed into corresponding/compatible frames that also mesh with our modern-ish decor, giving them the ability to be displayed in main rooms of the house rather than stored away somewhere. Um, nope. Still have not done this. 2012?
- Rebuild my wardrobe once I return to my pre-pregnancy size. I’ve been pregnant or post-pregnant for over 2 years straight now, so I own hardly any non-maternity clothing – and what I have is 2 years behind. Time to start from scratch! No again. We kind of ran out of money, what with going to one income and buying a house.
Nobody let me cut it all off again, I don’t care what I say!!! What was I thinking?? It’s pretty long by now!Not wanting to cut it off – Little Lady loves to play with it!
- Continue blog posting and Twittering regularly
, despite whatever life changes we are going through. Long silences are bad for traffic! Plus, having this non-mommy blog forces me to think about non-mommy things when the mommy-ing gets overwhelming.I think I have done pretty well, especially NaBloPoMo!
- Keep myself open to alternative part-time career opportunities that do NOT involve sales.
Maybe social media? Maybe an off-shoot of something blogging related? I am open to ideas and suggestions!Well, I did get a part-time social media job this year. Not sure how good of a fit it is for me right now, but it works. Will have a to-do related to blogging in 2012.
- Consider entering into sponsorship partnerships with companies I love, to further the blogging thing. I don’t know much about this stuff. I am not promising anything. Um, no. I am still to chicken to do this. My numbers are so low that I am embarrassed to share them with advertisers for fear of being laughed at.
Figure out how to babyproof our cabinets which have no handles.Did that and then moved. Turn all my blog posts on the family blog from 2009 and 2010 into physical books using Blog2Print.com – this is the only way our family will ever own a “scrapbook” and it’s so much easier because I’ve already done the work!Did it! Love my books! Will be doing a 2011 book too!
So, that’s where last year stands. Stay tuned for next year’s “To Do” list!