Well, we’re slowly coming back online, having been home a little over 24 hours now. Last night we got back in time to go over to our friends The Suttons to sit around and welcome the New Year with some Community Group Rock Band 🙂
I am trying to cover as much ground as possible regarding the Christmas season in as few posts as I can. I thought a good way to do this would be to review some great “green” Christmas gifts I received or gave.
- From my in-laws, I received a share in an alpaca from World Vision. This was awesome because Christian and I were actually going to ask them to get us gifts from the World Vision gift catalog next year, but they anticipated it before we even asked!
- Also through World Vision, I donated to displaced folks in the Congo on behalf of my parents, for their gift. Hear more about the Congo and what Watermark is doing.
- I also gave my mother Cargo Plant Love lipstick – all natural – the carton is made of biodegradable corn and has seeds embedded in it, so you just plant it in the dirt and you get flowers!
- To the girls in my community group, I gave Chico Bags. I love these because they fold up very small but are actually very large reusable bags. You can clip them onto your diaper bag or stroller and have them with you at all times.
- My sweet husband bought me a Vers sound system iPod/iPhone dock clock radio. The sound is amazing, but more importantly, check this out: a) all the packaging is made from recycled materials and is recyclable, b) the company is carbon neutral, c) the machine is made of wood they grow themselves and then replace, d) the whole thing can be recycled when you are finished with it. Did I mention the sound is amazing?! My husband is awesome!!
So, I am wishing everyone a Happy 2009! I’ll be back tomorrow with more details of our travels, or you can check them out on my Flickr photos pages!