It’s spring, and you know what that means, right? The Cottonwood Art Festival in Richardson! If you’ve followed this blog for long, you know that we love the festival. My header art comes from Dave Rizzo Studios, a sculptor whose work I encountered for the first time in 2010 at the festival.
|Cottonwood Art Festival, music pavilion area|
I’m excited because Little Sir is finally old enough to participate in the ArtStop activities at the festival this year! Although admission to the festival is free, some ArtStop activities require 1-4 tickets at $1 each, available at the event.
This year’s ArtStop Activity Stations include:
- Crazy Cool Caps – Let the kids show off their pint-sized personalities by creating their own over-the-top hat! There is plenty of glitter, feathers, pompons, ribbon and foam shapes for all to use!
- Throwin’ Mud – It’s ok for the kids to play in the mud at this activity station with Masta Potta, Mr. Kirby!
- Canvas Classics – Be an artist by painting your very own canvas painting.
- Bag Full of Color – Kids can “go green” while using their imaginations to paint canvas backpacks, which are handy for toting around their Cottonwood ArtStop masterpieces!
- Petite Pottery – Just in time for Mother’s or Father’s day! Kids can paint their own petite pottery, the perfect gift for mom and dad.
- The Big Picture – Kids can leave their mark on Cottonwood Art Festival by painting a piece on the Monster Mural!
Other ArtStop activities include Chalk Board Easels (for young children), Chisel Away (kids chisel on a large block of plaster) and Magnetic pieces (make a picture by adding magnets to large magnetic
|ArtStop at Cottonwood Art Festival 2011|
All the important facts about the festival:
Now in its 44th year, the Cottonwood Art Festival is the premier fine arts event in North Texas.
The twice-a-year event generates more than $2 million in art sales annually. The festival has
extended its hours and is set for 10 AM – 8 PM Saturday and 10 AM – 6 PM Sunday, May 5-6, 2012, at Cottonwood Park, 1321 W. Beltline Rd., in Richardson, TX 75080. Admission and parking are free. Full details are available at www.cottonwoodartfestival.com or 972-744-4581.
I hope to see you there!
NOTE: This post was sponsored by the Cottonwood Art Festival to help get the word out about this fun, local event!
One thought on “Cottonwood Art Festival 2012: ArtStop for Kids”
Looking forward to it!
Comments are closed.