I am working the West Coast shift right now, which is 11 AM – 8 PM and the work came to a sudden grinding halt at about 7:30, which I love, but which leaves me with nothing to do since Facebook is blocked while I’m VPN’ed in to the ERI network. So I decided to make a list of things that we have been doing, so that we don’t seem so boring.
- Yesterday we went to the wedding of my good friend Kora to John Lehman. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Lehman! Makes me think of when we got married and all the great advice we got, all the marital counseling, and how we thought we were prepared AHAHHAHAA!!!! Let me stop laughing about that part and continue.
- Saturday morning we rode our bikes to the park to hang out with our Community Group. This was probably our last time with the Suttons before there are 3 of them – Mel is in the hospital right now being induced. Bob is keeping us updated via Twitter.
- Due to everyone being pregnant right now, I am learning more than I ever wanted to know about the way doctors and hospitals deal with pregnancy and birth. I am not going to go into my personal feelings, because I know there are a lot of different ideas out there, and I want to say that everyone should do what they feel comfortable with. But for the most part, the more I learn about how doctors and hospitals deal with pregnancy and birth, the more angry I get.
- I got my mesh scooter jacket Saturday and wore it to ride to work today. It doesn’t feel hot at all, it has great ventilation!
- Posted the pictures of Trent & Virginia’s baby shower on Flickr, if anyone is interested.
- Christian saw what appeared to be a mountain lion during his morning bike ride today! Dallas Animal Control did not understand or care.
- By the end of this week I should know my work schedule for the next 2 months. I am really looking forward to that, since it has been difficult to plan things not knowing what shift I’m working until the last minute. Alternatively, we are going to 10-hour shifts where we only have to work 4 days a week. This means there will be some nights that I will have to be online and can’t do the things I’d normally do. But it also means that I won’t have to use vacation days to take 3 or4 day weekends!
- We saw Wall*E last night and it was awesome! Everyone should see it!!
If anyone can think of anything else that I have done that might be considered interesting or exciting, please do feel free to post a comment!