I am pretty horrible at keeping secrets about myself. I have no problem keeping other peoples’ secrets because I actually have a terrible memory. But for me, it was so difficult not to tell anyone about this pregnancy!
When we first found out we were pregnant, I felt like my blog was really just a dead giveaway. I mean, take these clues for example:
- Posts about food – 1, 2, 3 … obsessed with food much? Heck, yeah. I ate constantly! Oh, wait – I am still doing that…
- Cleaning out the guest room. Um, because that is where the baby is going to live.
- Balance ball – related to preparing for natural birth. Also to make up for the fact that I had been too tired to work out like I did before I was so exhausted all the time.
- Decaffeinating tea. What sane person would go cold turkey off of caffeine like I did? Not this person, it’s just not sane. But I did. And I had horrible headaches for days.
- Stopped taking meds for GERD. This is right up there with the insanity of going cold turkey on caffeine. The pain this could have caused is really unbelievable. I am so thankful for papaya enzyme. And it was the women at the birth center who recommended it to me!
If you follow me on Twitter, you might also have noticed several Twitters about Baked Cheetos and pickles, and the lengths I went to in order to obtain them during the first trimester. I burned out on the Baked Cheetos but I am still lovin’ me some pickles.
Here is a question that you might be too shy to ask, so I will answer it for you:
Will this become a “mommy blog”?
It is not my intention to use this blog to chronicle all things baby-related. On this blog I am going to stick to conscientious choices and the way we will continue to do things as “green” as we can. I will also keep reviewing books and movies and talking about food, I am sure. I will be starting a second blog at some point for baby-only stuff. There will indeed be overlap between the blogs, but I will dual post if that is the case.
I don’t have a good, clever name in mind yet for the new family blog…now taking ideas!!
2 thoughts on “Pregnancy clues”
Now that you mention all of this…duh! I can see how it was really obvious. I’m a loyal reader and I totally didn’t catch it. Congrats again!!
Here’s an idea for a blog name–since you like StarTrek: The Next Generation, what about KidTrek: the Next Generation (because the kiddo will be the next Bradford generation) and subtitled, Boldly Going Where Others None Have Gone Before (because no one else has had or will have your kiddo!)
My self esteem is not tied to this so feel free to shoot it down!
Comments are closed.